Authors Simon Robinson and Maria Moraes Robinson return to Sustentare Business School this month where they will be discussing insights from their book Customer Experiences with Soul: A New Era in Design at the Sustentare International Seminar.
São Paulo, 14th July 2018: Holonomics Education is a cutting-edge boutique consultancy specialising in strategy, innovation, change management and customer experience design. For us, the most disruptive word we can use in innovation is ‘soul’. For this reason we wrote our second book, Customer Experiences with Soul: A New Era in Design which was published in the UK last year.
Now more than ever before companies need to understand experience, not just in terms of what their customers are experiencing, the customer journey, but our essential experience of being, what it means to be human. Businesses and organisations which really understand this will flourish in the years to come.
We created our Customer Experiences with Soul framework in order to answer the following questions:
- How do we manage and nurture flourishing businesses which express soul?
- How do we engage the most senior executives in a manner which is constructive and which creates immediate impact and lasting change?
- How do we develop a strategy for a new kind of business in a world which is volatile, uncertain, complex, ambiguous but also abundant?
- How do we scale up a business without losing its essential essence?
- How can we integrate these principles into existing major corporations and conglomerates?
We need to transcend established approaches and definitions of customer experience to help companies understand why their offerings are no longer resonating with people. Our approach to customer experience design helps organisations to articulates the meaning of soul in a design, business and branding context. It provides a holistic framework for designers, entrepreneurs and creative leaders to explore the principles underlying the dynamics of soulful experiences with an exploration of the questions of authenticity, purpose and human values.
The insights from the book apply not only to the design of the customer experience itself, but also to product and service development, organisational design, branding, communications, leadership, training and strategy. It helps businesses and organisations to:
- take a radically new approach to customer experience design;
- fully integrate purpose, goals and strategy with customer experience;
- implement human values across the whole organisation; and
- develop long-term and more meaningful relationships with customers.
Maria and I have been teachers at Sustentare since 2010, a business school which is truly visionary, introducing our Holonomics approach as a fundamental module for all MBAs and post-MBAs offered. Holonomics, together with Customer Experiences with Soul, are not offered separately but integrated with other topics relating to business executive training, such as innovation, leadership, strategy and human resources. The Holonomics approach enables students learn to see all these practical subjects from a broader perspective.
Maria and I really look forward to returning to Sustentare this July and sharing our many years of business and design experience, and helping the students to develop customer experiences with soul, new innovation processes and ways of working across teams, departments, divisions, businesses and ecosystems.